SEO is fast becoming the new ‘subediting’: If you’re writing online you have to consider not only your readers/users but Google.
Frankly it’s a bit boring, but here are things you must consider if you’re blogging. Here are Mashable’s top tips:
1. Always include search terms in your title
2. Link important words to earlier blog posts
3. Tagging is all-important
4. Use Google Insights to find the best search terms.
We’d also add that:
1. Google is a clever beast and if you try and over egg your custard and be too clever with your links and tag words, your blog will be penalised. It’s got to seem natural.
2. And bearing in mind point 1, use relevant terms in your posts and tags that relate to you subject matter.
Yep, gone are the days that you can merrily type onto a blank screen.
The first of two interesting campaigns coming out of the music industry this week.
Anna Friel narrates the story and users play the first spoken word track and at the end a short code for the next chapter is given. Users type this into the search bar in Spotify to play it.
As the narrative unfolds, users are given multiple options and can choose which direction the story goes in.
It’s not as complicated as it sounds, honest. If you’d like to check it out, here’s your link.
Meanwhile a shout out to WOTYOUGOT who was at the band’s showcase this week – here’s what you missed.